Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Weekend Wrap-Up

So this weekend was just what I needed! After working 3 weekends in a row (tax free was on my weekend off -- it's an all hands on deck kinda weekend), I finally got to enjoy my long awaited 3 day weekend off! And the even better news - Chris had one, too!! He worked overnight all last week and is continuing this week, so it was some much needed hubby time! 

Friday night, we got to meet my mom in Galveston for dinner. Her friend Karen has a beach house down there and she was down to catch some rays over the weekend! We went and met her at a place called Fish Tales and it was delish! Most of us enjoyed crab legs and they were great - we will definitely be going back! And PS. Chris ended our night watching my Baylor Bears dominate on TCU -- what an exciting game and a great start to football season! Sic 'em Bears!!

Saturday night we went on a double date with my BFF, Kelli, and her boyfriend Chad. We hit up Chili's - using our coupon for the week - for dinner, then headed to Main Event. I don't know that we got our money's worth, but we still had a great time putt-putting, bowling, and of course people watching! We always have a great time with those two and can't wait to do it again! (Kelli, next time we'll head to "The Heights"!) 

Sunday was a totally lazy day! We didn't do a think besides going to the grocery and getting out later to grab dinner. We got to relax inside and it was so worth it! The weather was kind of gross with clouds and misty rain, so we took advantage of it!

Monday was the day we've been waiting for for a while now! Chris's parents have been having a pool put in and we were hoping it was going to be ready in time for us to enjoy! And it was -- but just a little chilly! And of course the weather decided to be a glorious 85 degrees, so it wasn't warming up very quick! Nonetheless - we had a great time with family and of course some good food! 

Here a few pictures from our weekend: 
They won.

We lost. :( But still happy to be there!

And well Kelli and I, but mainly I, got dominated in bowling.

Can't wait to do it again!

My in-law's beautiful new pool

Father-in-law manning the grill!

My sister-in-law, Nicole, and the pups :)

What a fun weekend! Only 5 more weeks of Chris's remodel and then we're NOLA bound!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment