Sunday, August 7, 2011

The Versatile Blogger

So, I'm not really sure what it is about my blog that makes it versatile, but a huge thank you to my precious, soon-to-be sister-in-law at The Next Chapter: Blog of a Baylor Graduate and Bride To Be that nominated my blog for the "Versatile Blogger" award and even more for giving me something to blog about! 



Official Rules:
  • Thank the award-giver and link back to them in your post.
  • Tell your readers seven 7 things about yourself.
  • Give this award to up to 15 recently discovered bloggers.
  • Contact those bloggers and let them in on the exciting news.
So here it goes...

1. I grew up in Bossier City, Louisiana - but it took a couple moves over the course of 8 years to get there. I was born in Memphis, Tennessee and shortly after my brother was born, we moved to Jenks, Oklahoma (just outside of Tulsa). We lived there for about 5 years before packing up and moving to Pleasant Garden, North Carolina (just outside of Greensboro). After 1 short year, my family landed in Bossier City and it's been "home" ever since!

2. I'm a PK - preacher's kid - through and through. My dad has been in the ministry since before I was born. Makes all that moving listed in #1 make a little more sense, huh?! He was a youth pastor for many years and currently serves at Campus Pastor at The Simple Church. Check it out!

3. Most of you know...but my husband and I met at work. We both started working for Target a little over 2 years ago. He had a girlfriend at the time and I was sure to let him know I was interested. Eventually they broke up, we continued spending time together outside of work, and before you knew it, as Chris would say, it was game over! 

4. I have a tattoo. Just one. It's little and on the inside of my left hand wrist (most of the time covered by a watch). I got it my senior year of college - kind of one of those let's go do something crazy before graduation sort of things. But it was also something I had been thinking about for a while. It's in memory of my sister that I lost in a terrible car accident my sophomore year of college. I brought her Bible back to school with me after the funeral and one Sunday, during a sermon on the Beatitudes, I noticed that she had underlined Matthew 5:4 -- "You're blessed when you feel you've lost what is most dear to you. Only then can you be embraced by the One most dear to you." It brought a lot of comfort to me during the time and when I started thinking about a tattoo - I knew that had to be incorporated!


My best friend and greatest supporter - Kelli

5. I have the best friends. Hands down. They've been there for me through good times and bad times...we've laughed, cried, sat in silence, and had so much to talk about we couldn't shut up! I don't know what I'd do without them. 

Dinner for my Bachelorette Party 

6. I LOVE country music! No secret to those that know me. I can't sing a lick, but you better believe if a song is on that I know, I'm going to sing along! Somehow I was blessed with an incredible skill of lyric knowledge and it doesn't take long before I've got every word down! As I sit here typing this I just finished watching Tim McGraw on Invitation Only and now Miranda Lambert is on. My college roommates used to joke that they knew I was home if they heard GAC or CMT coming my tv! :) I'll finish with this - Carrie Underwood is my girl crush and this is a perfect example of why: 


7. I'm kind of a nerd - my husband would say definitely so. I can't sing or dance and never was very athletic. So my outlet most of time is a good book! I LOVE to read and I always have! Chris got me a Kindle for Christmas last year and it's the greatest! I, like Amanda (see #7 on her blog, too!), am a book-before-the-movie kinda girl. Just started reading The Help and already can't wait to see the movie!

Now for my nominees for "The Versatile Blogger"and hopefully giving them something to blog about:

Chris's cousin's wife: Nikki - A Pair of Pecks &
Fellow Baylor grad and XO and not-so-newly wed: Courtney - Little Moments

Guess I should find more people to follow :) Happy blogging, you two! 








No comments:

Post a Comment